The sunshine sweetness of lemon and apricot at the base, a dollop of fresh ricotta, sea salt, and basil makes an effortlessly chic breakfast or party appetizer.
Tell Me About Lemon Apricot Ricotta Toast
Toast is my favorite breakfast.
It’s the only reason I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night…knowing there’s a crunchy, buttery slice of golden brown bread waiting for me in the kitchen.
In this elevated version, butter and Maman NYC Lemon Apricot Basil Jam is spread edge to edge on white, crusty toasted bread (like baguette or sourdough). Fresh ricotta, which is a nice complement to the tangy-sweet jam, is dolloped on top, then finished off with a drizzle of olive oil and a few leaves of fresh basil. You can use any jam in place of the Lemon Apricot.
You can eat it as a fancy breakfast alternative, or serve it at a happy hour/dinner with friends.
Like many chefs out there, I’m always trying to improve and perfect my recipes. Here’s my review:
- Balanced Flavor. The sweet jam and mild, milky ricotta is a complimentary match made in heaven. And a layer of rich butter ties it all together (don’t skip!).
- Add some protein. Next time I might see what happens if some prosciutto walks into the party. Not only would it add color and another layer of flavor, but it would also keep you fuller (you know, if you plan on making this a meal).
- Use good quality ricotta. I had cheap-ass Stop-n-Shop brand ricotta in my fridge that did not do this recipe justice. A good rule of thumb, when making a recipe with very few ingredients, do yourself (and your tongue) a favor and splurge on the good stuff. Heck, even making your own would be better!
More Toast Recipes
Lemon Apricot Ricotta Toast
- 1 slice of baguette or country bread
- 2-3 tablespoons Maman NYC Lemon Apricot Basil Jam
- 2-3 tablespoons ricotta cheese to taste
- olive oil to drizzle
- sea salt
- fresh basil for garnish
Spicy Berry Jam: For a bit of heat, try it with a Hot Berry Jam with Ground Scorpion Pepper.
Bacon Jam: For a sweet and savor twist, spread your toast with Bacon Jam.
Did you make Lemon Apricot Ricotta Toast? Let me know how it turned out and leave a comment below!