Pepper Palace Coconut Rum Seasoning is sweet, salty, tropical, and spiked with…yes, rum! This unique spice mix is incredibly versatile and makes any recipe ready for a party!
Whaat!? Coconut Rum Seasoning? Does that mean I can make anything taste like my favorite cocktail? Hate to break it to ya but…no.
Unless you cook or bake with actual rum, you won’t taste that much booze. On the other hand, you will experience a tropical flavor so legit that you’ll start speaking pirate (yo-ho, yo-ho!). Instead of whipping out the shredded coconut or bottle of rum, you can easily sprinkle this stuff on anything to lend it some island flair.
The awesome people at Pepper Palace believe that awesome products create awesome food and even more awesome memories. That’s just what I like to hear. Using this seasoning will not only dress up that bland piece of chicken, but it’ll also make cooking more fun! Imagine seeing this jar in your spice cabinet and thinking, “hmm, what pirate-style meal can I make tonight?”
I love a spice blend that inspires creativity. For beginner cooks especially, this mix is an easy, safe way to add exciting new flavor to your everyday dishes. I’ve added it to roasted nut mix and sprinkled it on Hawaiian pizza, with plenty leftover to experiment more.
Not feeling the coconut rum? Head on over the Pepper Palace website and browse through their dozens of unique alcoholic seasonings.
What Is Coconut Rum Seasoning
About: Pepper Palace crafts this gourmet seasoning with real coconut and rum. It’s a fun, easy way to dress up bland foods like rice, potatoes, popcorn, or chips. This spice mix is best used on appetizers for parties or special events, but it’s also fun for jazzing up your weekday meals.
Taste: sweet • salty • tropical • coconut-y • savory
Origin: Sevierville, Tennessee
Free From: dairy • peanuts • gluten • soy • lactose • tree nuts • artificial flavors • artificial colors • artificial preservatives
Ingredients: sugar • salt • coconut • honey powder • rosemary • rum • spices
Online: Pepper Palace
In Stores: Find a Pepper Palace store near you, here.
How to Use Coconut Rum Seasoning
Pairs With: lime • pineapple • mango • pork • chicken • salmon • white fish • bland foods like rice or potatoes
- This seasoning is more on the savory side, use it sparingly in sweet applications, or steer clear all together.
- This seasoning is salty, so decrease salt amount in recipes or omit all together.
- Use it like a spice, adding 1-2 tablespoon (or more to taste) to any given recipe or as a finishing seasoning.
- Rub on meats & vegetables.
- Sprinkle on homemade baked goods likes bagels, biscuits, crackers, or pretzels.
- Mix into trail mix, granola or spiced nuts.
- Sprinkle on top yogurt or oatmeal.
- Coat the rim of your Coconut Rum Cocktail
- Sprinkle on casseroles or Coconut Rum Bread Budding (via NYTimes Cooking)
- Coconut Rum Fish Sticks
- Coconut Rum Popcorn
- Coconut Rum Granola
- Coconut Rum Chex Party Mix
- Pineapple Casserole with Coconut Rum Seasoning
- Coconut Rum Popcorn Shrimp
Storage: Keep Coconut Rum Seasoning in a cool, dry place for 1 to 2 years.
Other Funky Seasonings:
Funky Coconut Rum Products:
Tell me what you think about Coconut Rum Seasoning and leave a comment below!